November 8, 2007

Four Years.


Today, Todd and I celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary, and he surprised me this morning just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7p9EbqFPmU

Well, okay, so not quite like this. It was just after six in the morning. Little Jonah was already awake and kicking away in his crib. I was sleeping in old sweatpants with spaghetti stains on them from Jonah the night before.

I heard Todd sneak into the room and climb into the bed. He then placed his hand on my shoulder and moved his hand in such a way that I thought he was pushing away a bug or something. I immediately sat up, causing the necklace to become lost in the bed, and it took me a few minutes to figure out that the above song was playing from the laptop he had placed on the floor. I began to giggle when I realized that he was trying to carry out this romantic gesture, and really, I wouldn't have had it happen any other way. It was the perfect representation of life as we know it - chaos and humor and courtship and sleeplessness all bundled into a commitment that I think of each time I look down at my wedding band.

I have loved this man since I was an eighteen-year-old college freshman, and it was a dream personified to stand before God and become his wife and partner. He is everything I could ever ask for in a husband and father.

I have so enjoyed this journey and look forward with anticipation as it all unfolds. Happy Anniversary, my sweet.

No comments: